iMovie is one of the best video editing software for iOS and macOS users. But if you want to download iMovie For Windows 10 or 11 PC, you are in the right place. Because here in this article, we share how you can download and use this app on your windows pc.
We also tested more than 20 Windows video editing software and shared the best of them, similar to iMovie and available for free. Before we start this article, you should know that the iMovie app is only available for iOS and macOS users.
There is no official version of the iMovie for Windows that you can directly download and start using. But you can use this video editor with an iOS emulator on your windows pc, the same as we install iMessage on windows pc.
The downside of using an iOS emulator is that no good iOS emulators are available for Windows users. While using any iOS emulator on your pc, you may feel lags on it, which may not be the best way to use video editing software on your pc.
iMovie is the best video editing app for beginner Mac and iOS users as it is straightforward and has all basic features. And now, let’s check out the installation of this app on a Windows 10 or 11 PC with the iOS emulator.
How to Use iMovie on Windows 10/11 PC?
Here in this process, we are using iPadian as an iOS emulator. This app is available for Windows but is not free, and you have to buy it for $25. Before you purchase this app, we want to clarify that this iOS emulator may be unable to run your iMovie video editor on your Windows device.
- First, visit the iPadian official website, click on the download button available there, and it will redirect you to the PayPal website to make a payment.
- Once you pay on the PayPal website, you can download this iOS emulator on your windows pc and install it on your pc.
- Next, open iPadian, log in with your Apple ID and download the iMovie app from the app store on your iOS emulator.
We have tested iPadian on our windows pc and run iMovie on it, but it’s tough to use. If you plan to do any video editing with this combination, we recommend not doing it. Instead of this, you can check out some mobile editors on pc like CapCut and YouCut.
iMovie Alternatives For Windows
As you know now, there is no such way that you can edit videos with this iMovie on your Windows PC. The method we share above can be used to learn about iMovie but certainly not for editing videos.
Many video editors are available for Windows, but all have pros and cons. We have tested most of them, and here are the best four iMovies alternatives you can use on your pc for free.
Shotcut is open-source video editing software for Windows, Mac, and Linux users. This app is free to download, and it is straightforward to use for all beginners new to video editing.
The interface of the Shotcut app can be different from iMovie, but you can learn it very quickly and use it as an iMovie alternative on a windows pc. Let’s check out some Pros and Cons of this app to get a better idea about this video editing software.
- It is open-source software and is available for free to all users.
- You can use the Shotcut app on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It does support hundreds of audio and video formats.
- You can find many tutorials for this app on its official website to learn about it.
- It may need to catch up on a low-end pc if you add so many elements to your video.
- It may take a lot of work for some users to learn editing on this app initially.
OpenShot is another one of the best alternatives to iMovie for Windows users. Openshot is an open-source video editing app free for all Windows, Mac, and Linux users. It supports more than 70 languages and comes with a very easy-to-use user interface.
You can find all basic features in the OpenShot app, from trimming and slicing to adding effects to your video; everything is there in this app. This app was first launched in 2008 by Jonathan Thomas, and it’s been downloaded millions of times.
- You can add unlimited layers to your video in the OpenShot App.
- It is open-source software and available completely free.
- It has a Title Editor, which you can use to add 3D titles to your video.
- Very simple to use and learn for all beginner users.
- It’s hard to find video tutorials for the new version of the app.
- You may feel a bit of lag while using some advanced features.
- The latest version of OpenShot is not available for Mac users.
Kdenlive is another open-source video editing software that can best fit as an iMovie alternative video editing software for Windows and Linux users. This app uses MLT Framework, KDE, and Qt for video processing.
The good thing about Kdenlive is that it supports Proxy editing, where you can edit your video in low resolution and render it in high resolution. And because of this feature, you can very easily use this video editor on a low-end pc as well.
- This app comes with automatic backup; in case something is messed up, you can recover older video versions as well.
- Light and dark themes are available for your editing interface in the Kdenlive app.
- You can do multitracking video editing with the help of the Kdenlive app.
- It is open source, free, and one of the best alternatives of iMovie for windows pc.
- Sometimes it may crash if you load up many things simultaneously.
- This app does not use GPU to render videos, and it can be a heavy load on the CPU.
Davinci Resolve is one of the best and most advanced post-production video editor apps used by many editors worldwide. We can not use this video editor as an iMovie alternative for Windows users because this is a very advanced and post-production video editor.
If you are looking to do advanced-level color gradings and want to have all advanced video editing features, then Davinci Resolve is the best choice for you. This app is an advanced video editing app, just like the motion ninja app on pc. Now let’s check out some pros and cons of using the Davinci Resolve app.
- All features that any beginner needs are available for free.
- You can do excellent color grading of your video with this app.
- It can take a lot of work for beginners to learn this Davinci Resolve software.
- It can not be an iMovie alternative for Windows users.
Website: Davinci Resolve
FAQs on iMovie For Windows PC
No official version of the iMovie app is available for Windows or Android. It is only available for iOS and macOS users. However, you can check out some alternative video editing apps covered in this article.
There is three software for beginners Shotcut, OpenShot, and Kdenlive, and for advanced users, Davinci Resolve can be an excellent option.
The iMovie app is available for macOS and iOS, both operating systems, and you can use it on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Yes, it is a perfect video editing app for beginners looking for basic and simple features. You can edit excellent videos with the help of the iMovie app, and learning this app is very easy.
Video on iMovie For Windows PC
For more details on downloading iMovie for Windows, you can also check out the above video. To conclude this article, if you want to learn about iMovie, you can install it on your pc with the iPadian iOS emulator. Still, if you want to do actual video editing, it is best to use an alternative app.