Do you want to download an Arlo app for pc and use this home security app on your windows or mac device? Then you are in the right place. Because here, not only can you download this app on your pc, but you can also learn how you can view this app camera on your pc.
Arlo is known for its smart home security features and weatherproof 4K UHD security camera. As we discussed in the geeni pc app, accessing smart home cameras on your windows or mac devices is straightforward, and that is the same for this app as well.
Arlo app, also known as Arlo Secure, is available only for android and ios users. Currently, there is no desktop app you can download directly and start using the Arlo app on pc. But we can make it happen with the help of an android emulator and view the Arlo camera on windows or mac.
You can directly download this home security app on your pc with the emulator from the above download button. If you don’t want to use LDPlayer as an emulator or are a Mac user, then you have to follow the installation process below.
Download Arlo App For PC [Windows & Mac]
The installation process of the Arlo app on a desktop or laptop is straightforward with the help of an android emulator. This home security app is still unavailable on the pc because Arlo Technologies Inc hasn’t released any version for mac or windows users.
I used the NOX Player in my process, but you can use others like Bluestacks or LDPlayer. Now follow the step-by-step process to install Arlo on your pc.
- To start this home security app installation, visit the nox player website and download and install NOX Player on pc. It is available for windows and mac both.
- Next, open the emulator; the first time, it can be longer depending on your pc specifications. And click on the search bar with the play store icon first.
- Now search ‘Arlo Play Store’ in the available search bar, and it will give you all the results.
- Click on the play store link titled ‘Arlo – Apps on Google Play’, and it will open in the emulator’s google play store.
- Next, click on the ‘Install’ button, and it will start installing the Arlo app on your pc. It can take longer, depending on the app size.
- Once the Arlo app is installed, you can see the open button. Click on the open button available there.
Above is the complete process to download and install the Arlo app on windows or mac pc. It is simple but a little bit longer. Now you have this home security app on your pc, and you can also view your home camera on your pc. If you don’t know how to do it, check out the process below.
How To View Arlo App Camera on PC?
As we are using the Arlo app on the emulator, new users may not know how to set up this home security app and use it on the emulator.
- In the first step, open the android emulator on your pc and click on the app icon on the main dashboard.
- Next, it will open the Arlo app on your emulator, which runs on your windows or mac pc; sometimes, it can take a bit longer.
- On the next step, you will have two options: either you can sign up to Arlo, or you can log in with your existing account.
- So if you already have an account with Arlo, log in with it, and you can access all your cameras.
And if you don’t have an account with Arlo, you can also create a new one from there. After creating an account, you can connect all your smart home devices to this app as we discussed using the smart life app on pc process.
Arlo App Features
You may know all its features if you already use the Arlo app on your phone. But when you use this home security app on an emulator, you can also get some other features.
- The first feature of this app is that it claims to be the first ever 100% wire-free setup and also comes with a weatherproof 4K UHD security camera.
- Arlo pc app with emulator supports Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, IFTTT, and SmartThings so that you can use any of those devices on your pc.
- With this app, you can easily watch live videos and play recorded clips to see what’s happening and stay aware.
To clear out your last remaining doubts on how you can use Arlo on windows or mac, here are FAQs on it.
No, it has no pc app, although you can use it on your pc with an android emulator. And here, we share the complete process of doing it so you can check it out.
First, you must install the Arlo app on pc using the above method. Next, log in with your account, and then you can view this app camera on your window or mac pc.
You can view up to 5 Arlo cameras at once that are connected to a single SmartHub, not more than that.
I hope you can download and install this home security app on your pc, and all your questions regarding this app are now cleared. But if you still have problems with the Arlo app, let us know in the comment box.
If you follow the correct method, it’s easy to download the Arlo app for pc. And also, it is easy to access Arlo cameras on your windows or mac devices as well. I hope you like the installation of this app, and please share it with your other friends so they can also learn about it.